Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tennessee On My Mind

Jason McIntosh and I fled Wilmore after class on Friday night, making a bee line for East Tennessee. We made good time. I left Jason in Kingsport with a friend of his (who I happened to have met before) and I made it to John and Yvonne's house about 10:30. They stayed up to greet me and were great hosts, even though I wasn't there very much.I made it back home in order to handle the final details on buying the house. Jerry and Kathy are the ones who sold us the house. They have been good to us and they made the process both bearable and possible. If you happen to see them around town, thank them for us! Here is a picture of the house. There are renters there right now. They will be renting it until they are finished building their house (which is right next door).This is the view from John and Yvonne's house. You can see all of North Johnson City from their porch. This is John and my friend, Robbie. Robbie and I watched the Gators play the Vols. For me it was worth staying up for the game . . . not so much for Robbie.
On Sunday morning Jason went with me to Grandview. Here is a view from the back side of the building. That's Buddy's motorcycle. It was a beautiful morning.
The praise team was practicing when we arrived. It was great to hear them again.
John, Buddy, and Becky sang an announcement a la the Beach Boys ("Good Donations")
David Roberts preached a wonderful sermon on the importance of words and controlling our tongues. I was especially glad to be present when Logan was baptized by his dad.
I was able to snap a few pictures of the congregation after bringing greetings to the church. It was great to see everybody. I realized I have been away too long. We have such a wonderful church that it's hard to be away. You begin to realize what you're missing when you're gone.



After the worship services I had the chance to have lunch with some of the people who have been visiting Grandview. Joel and his family were there. I made sure to take a picture of Joel this time--I forgot to take a picture last week when we had coffee together in Lexington.
After lunch I ran a few more errands, then Jason and I drove back to Wilmore. Once I got home I played UNO with the girls before they went to bed, then I finished my papers that were due the next morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice house, Aaron. I'm looking forward to (someday) getting to see it.

N

Nolan said...

You finshed your papers that were "do" on Monday morning? Sounds like Tennessee was a still a little too much on your mind! :)

Aaron said...

What are you talking about, Nolan? Look at the blog again. You must be seeing things!