Thursday, September 20, 2007

Don't Tase Me, Bro!

This was the scene at a recent John Kerry event at the University of Florida (it's a proud moment for us Gators). Apparently a student wanted to cause a scene.


Minor uproar ensued. Students marched. Bill O'Reilly covered it (as did other news/current event interest shows). You can even buy "Don't Tase Me, Bro!" T-Shirts. This guy's publicity stunt, though, might cost a couple of policemen their jobs, two are on paid leave because of it (is that really a punishment?).

My opinion? I'm not upset that they tased this guy. In fact, it got me thinking. If I get pulled over for a traffic ticket and the police officer gives me the choice of a $75 fine with points on my record, or a shot from a taser--I'll take the shot. If it takes me an hour to recover, so be it. I don't make $75 an hour.

I think I'm on to something here. Physical punishment in place of fines is the wave of the future. It will be good for our society.

"Excuse me, Sir. Do you know you were going 41 in a 35."

"What's that gonna cost me?"

"$87. Or I rip a hand full of chest hair off of you."

1 comment:

Wesley said...

"$87? Tase me, bro!"
I am anti-tase, because it has become a very easy outlet for officers to subdue people, and has become more and more common. Sort of an "As Seen On TV" product. A Showtime Rotisserie Oven for law enforcement. The job used to be hard when you had to physically take someone down, now you just shoot him! "Perp talking back? Shock him!"
But that kid's howls of pain were pretty funny.