Friday, September 21, 2007

Final-ized

Last night was the final meeting of this Fall's Christ and Culture class that I've been teaching on Thursday nights at Milligan College. The class seemed to go well. This cohort was a really good one. Nobody whined about the reading (at least not publicly).

I've always been amazed at students who complain to their teachers about the reading for class. When I was a seminarian I saw it regularly. A fellow student would say that the reading was too hard or that there was too much of it. I always thought, "Man ... keep your mouth shut. That's like walking up to your professor and saying, 'Hi, my name is Aaron. I'm not just stupid, I'm LAZY too!'"Well, this group was neither lazy nor stupid ... of course ... I haven't graded the finals yet. I suppose my opinion could change. But I expect they did fine.

No comments: