Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Monday Miscellaneous (on Tuesday this time)

  1. Sunday was a great day at Grandview, but that doesn't mean things went perfectly. Silly little things went wrong. Sometimes the groove just isn't there, but that's okay. God was worshiped
  2. This week marks the beginning of Two 4 Two, which is our Wednesday evening program that runs for ten weeks in the fall and ten more in the spring. Last night Dana (our cracker jack children's minister) told me that we have about 110 kids signed up. That means she is recruiting leaders like crazy. That program just keeps growing. I'll try to upload some pictures on Thursday.
  3. Last night I had a surprise visit from Beeson brother, Scott Layer. He was in the area for a district minister's retreat. Great to see you, Scott! Thanks for coming by. It made my day.
  4. For your enjoyment, I include this little picture that made me laugh. I wasn't an especially bright kid when it came to math (I did OK), but what I'm really disappointed about is that I never thought to do this:5. The next picture cracks me up. I could get preachy and apply it to some of our own unthinking judgments in the church ... but it's Tuesday and nobody wants preaching on Tuesday. Let's just grin and bear it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart - as the good Lord said in 1st Filipino's 12: Blessed are those who crave my rightous leaves, for they will be satieted. (found in the apocrypha of the unauthorized version)