Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Monday Miscellaneous (yes, I know it's Thursday)

Just for my Beeson brother, Bryan, I have to include a quick mention of the Science Hill High School football game last weekend. Bryan, the uniforms for the Hilltoppers are simply a combined nightmare for you and for me. They are the Michigan Wolverine helmets with Florida State colors. For me to be a properly dressed fan I have to wear the two colors I least enjoy.

On the good side, however, the stadium is named after Science Hill and the University of Florida's most favorite alum: Steve Spurrier. That makes up for the colors problem. Anna and Cass enjoying the game.After the game, my brother and his family arrived from Indiana. We had a good day on Saturday. We played some laser tag, ate some barbecue, and marveled at the lack of interesting shops in Jonesborough these days.
We stopped by my old church in Jonesborough and let the kids play in the yard that was my "family life center" when I was the youth minister there. Man ... coming up with games that would work with such limited space used to be so difficult.

I remembered my favorite railing. Favorite railing? Yes. You can see it in the below picture where my nephew, Marcus, sits. If you look closely at the railing you will see that it is DEDICATED!

Look closer! I wonder if Homer would feel very honored? I never knew Homer. I did know some of the Kitzmiller family. They were very nice. When I die you can take up a collection and install a three-step railing in my honor--but leave my name off of it please. I'll be happily anonymous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just hope my church isn't in need of a new toilet when I die. . .
Connie