Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Gators and Crazy Oklahoma Fan

The Gators begin their defense of last year's National and SEC Championships this weekend againstTennessee (it's the third game of the year, but Western Kentucky and Troy weren't quite big boy football).

I like the Gators' chances against Tennessee, but I'm not onfident we will win. We haven't played any teams with the kind of talent Tennessee has, so I have no idea how good or bad we are. Our defense is very young and it appears UT will use the no-huddle offense to take advantage of our inexperience.

You know I love the Gators, but I am nothing like Crazy Oklahoma Fan. Don't follow this link if you're feeling queasy. It's a story about a bar fight between a Texas Longhorn and an Oklahoma Sooner. This guy was a deacon at his church? I love that the story mentions his religious affiliation. Maybe it would be helpful if the journalist would list Crazy Oklahoma Fan's ten favorite movies. My suspicion is that those movies have had a more profound impact on his character than Jesus had.

No comments: