Thursday, June 01, 2006

Baptism in Lake Watauga



On Wednesday I had pleasure of being a part of a baptism in Lake Watauga. Pat recently moved from Florida to Johnson City and has been visiting Grandview for a few months (her sister is a member). She's a wonderful lady with broad interests and much grace.

It was an interesting baptism because the weather in Johnson City and Elizabethton was hazy, but rain-less. As I drove through Hampton, however, I saw rain clouds and lightening over the lake. By the time we met together on the beach, the lightening was gone, but there was still a light drizzle. We gathered in a circle on the beach, Charles prayed, I read the first part of Romans 6, and then Pat and I made our way into the water, which was chilly at first. Kids were swimming nearby, teens were smoking on the picnic tables, and we were participating in one of the great sacraments of the church.

"Did you come here to swim?" Asked one of the little boys who was thoroughly confused by what he had just seen.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

K-T!
I'll check out your blog. I'm sure it's great fun.

I'll miss you, too. . . . but I know you'll be able to come visit. M will be thrilled to see you. Asbury will never know what hit it!