Sunday, June 25, 2006

From Wilderness to Wildness

On Friday I zipped down to the Appalachian Christian Camp in Unicoi to pick up M and A. Here they are, looking weary after a nice week at camp. M was a part of the Wilderness Camp, which she enjoyed very much--thanks to counsellors like Mo, Ada, and Sam!

Her sister, A, had a fun time as well, and I'm happy to see a developing friendship between A and Abby, who has been visiting Grandview lately with her family.

The girls came home to a house that was being sifted by our process of moving. We spent our last night in the house on Friday night. Before bed we sat around recalled various events from the past 8 years. It's easy for me to forget that our house on Hilton Lane will always be "the" house from their childhood (the only house C remembers . . . she was 3 months old when we moved here).

Last night (Saturday night), we stayed at Ted and Jane-Anne's house. It was nice to be back in a "settled" house. Ted and Jane-Anne are away and letting us stay there until we drive away (Wednesday morning).

As I type, it's Sunday morning and I'm getting ready to put up the computer and head to the church building. This is my last Sunday for awhile. Writing the sermon was hard this week because of the busy-ness, the text, and the occasion. I'm also feeling some of the same sadness the girls are. There have been moments this past week when I've had to stop and ask myself, "What in the world are you doing?"

I'll chalk it up to nervousness. God's hand has been more visible in this process of going to Asbury (being selected for the Beeson Fellowship, selling the house, buying the new one, the quality of staff at Grandview, etc . . .) then I could have hoped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's peace, my friend. I've appreciated your updates, even though you're quite busy with the move.

At this time I'm sitting in a motel room in Gettysburgh realizing I probably won't have another chance to talk to you before you head out. You and the family are in my prayers. The Reeds send their collective love to the Wymers.