Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Last Elders' Meeting



Now that June has arrived I will be experiencing that series of "last time before I move" events that people notice as they transition from one situation to another. Tuesday night falls into the category of last elders' meeting. Of course, since it is June, attendanced flagged. Bill is in Eastern Europe, Craig is with the CAT Team in Pass Christian, MS., and others were traveling as well.

We started the meeting by going over the plans for the new kitchen with the architect. I was proud of myself for remembering to ask some questions that I didn't know to ask before our first building project. It is a simple series of questions. The fact that I didn't think to ask it before reflected inexperience on my part. If I ever write a book for ministers leading building projects, this will get a chapter:

"What kind of hardware do you have planned for the doors? Will they stay open if we want? Will they lock if we want? Will they stay unlocked if we want?"

I think our last architect turned those decisions over to a designer of haunted houses. Doors should never slam and lock behind you in a church building. Nightmares are made of things like that!

The meeting was a normal elders' meeting, for the most part. I will get to meet with them again before I leave. We have a morning prayer (only) meeting on June 20th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing up at 4am? Are you a night owl? Or early riser???

Aaron said...

Hello, Anonymous!

I think this blogger page is on Pacific time. I did the blog this morning at 7ish. I do, however, fancy myself an early riser.