Friday, June 30, 2006

Becoming the Wilmore Wymers (or Aaron at Asbury)

Check out my sweeeeeet ride. U Haul is the new Hummer . . . I promise. All the movie stars will be driving them soon. Meg played an important role on this journey. That's because the little "air vent" window (and you have to be over 30 to have any idea what I'm talking about here) whistled like a cartoon wolf every time we got up to speed. Something had to be done, or I was going to go insane. Meg took my hat and then kept it stuffed against the whistle spot (using her foot), thereby restoring my sanity.


Meg took a picture of the warning against driving the truck beneath overhangs. This was to remind herself that next time I ask her to tell me how far I can back up, she should look UP as well as down. (Don't worry, disaster and damage were avoided).

If this is a life-sized statue of John Wesley, then I may become a Methodist before this year is up! Meg and I walked around campus on the way to get our key for our new home. As you can see, we occupy the left door. The door on the right belongs to the Layer family. They are really fun. Scott (the dad) is easy to be around, as is Kate. They have 4 children--with one more due in August! Scott is going to have to study AND be the father of an infant.

No comments: