Friday, June 16, 2006

Hoosier and Back





My family and I traveled back to Indy this past week, spending more time in the car than we did in Indiana. We drove up on Tuesday, back on Wednesday. The reason for the quick trip was that my sister's family was stopping in Indy en route from Maryland to New Mexico. My brother-in-law (Captain Hook--seriously, that's his title and name) is in the Navy and being relocated to the southwest so I don't know when we'll see them again. Their oldest son (who happens to be my oldest nephew) was with them and my dad had a graduation celebration in his honor.

The above pictures are from the gathering in the backyard of my boyhood home. You can see family members with friends of the family sprinkled-in. There were around 140 people there (i think).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

140 people??? that's quite a party my friend - glad to hear that you all had such a great time!! looking forward to seeing you on Sunday

Aaron said...

140 people . . . it's sort of standard for how my family does things . . . the old joke about my grandfather was that he wouldn't come up from Arkansas to visit us in his later years, he used to say, "You just can't visit up there like you can down here." We chuckled at him a little bit, wondering what the difference was. Now that I'm from out of town I understand. If whenever you come into town there are large gatherings, you wind up talking to a lot of people, but not for very long.

Dirk . . . you're in my prayers. Have a great trip, you should be about ready to head home now, right?!