Tuesday, March 06, 2007

tragedy

I was talking with classmate Jim Martin yesterday when I got the call that one of our members at Grandview died unexpectedly. He was my age. He had three kids and a lovely wife. He seemed to be in good health, just a little sick for a couple of weeks. He was just a fine, fine man. Gracious. Patient. Kind.

It was the kind of news that feels like a blunt-force blow to the head, to the soul--and I'm just a friend and a minister.

May God comfort the family and give the church the grace to be the church in these days.

So I'm in Johnson City this morning and will be until the funeral. When you think about it, pray for the family.

2 comments:

bryan said...

Gordon prayed a nice prayer this morning for your parishioner's family and friends, your church, and you. Consider it another good word in a torrent of words lifted up to God asking for comfort and peace for a bereaved community.

Aaron said...

Thanks,Bryan and all my Beeson brothers and sister.