Saturday, April 14, 2007

Gentle Ben, the Mountain Man

I had a good day at Mountain Christian Church. Ben and the rest of the staff were very welcoming and gracious. I even got to meet Charles Cook, former senior minister at Mountain. I got to see Ethan Magness, briefly. Tonight I will have supper at the Magness household so we should be able to catch up then. He seems to be doing a wonderful job up here.This is Alex. Alex is like a conservative, American, Ethan Magness. I didn't get to see them interact, but I bet it's fun to watch. I hear they are both very bright and that the theological discussions are interesting.
The staff took me out to lunch (which was very nice). I had a fine crab cake sandwich. I don't know if I have all of the spellings correct, but at the table are Alex, Dennis, Kristal, Eric, Casey, and Cody. It was apparent to me that Ben has a good team in place.Last night I got to have supper with the entire Cachiaras family (excellent tacos!). Karla, Nathan, Ellie, and Andrew are all doing well. Things are good in Cachiarasland.


Here is Ben's video greeting to the people of Grandview:



Thanks, Ben.

No comments: