Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Weekend/Day

On Saturday morning the family and I traveled to Johnson City. We spent the night at the Marr's house (which, by the way, is where I watched the Gators play basketball a fine game of basketball). Sunday morning in Johnson City was beautiful.

The chilly December air created all sorts of Appalachian mists as a backdrop for Cindy and me.
And for Anna, with North Johnson City behind her.
It was great to see our friends at Grandview. Meredith and Robin sang with the praise team.Dirk, the musical chemist (in a good way, not like rock stars!), was willing to be seen with me. I had hoped to have more pictures, but I gave the camera to someone in my family and she got so busy saying hello to folks that we're left with just these two photos. That's what happens when you're having fun seeing people you miss.
After church we made a bee-line for Wilmore. There we a quiet, family Christmas Eve. The Beeson housing area was a ghost town. Talk about your silent nights! It was all very peaceful as I raided Jim and Terri's house, stole their presents from under their tree, and brought them into our house.
Cindy's weeks of preparation pay off.
We opened all of our presents and then we just relaxed, played some games, and ate.Oh . . . and (blog-nerd that I am) I took a little time to blog.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Herbie Miller said...

Hey Aaron, is Anna wearing a Starbucks apron in that picture with the board game?