Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Heartless...

Funny moment today. I was visiting a woman from our church who is rehabbing a broken femur (yes, Brian Regan fans, I said that she broke her femur). When I arrived in her room she was surrounded by her daughter, her brother (Orlin) and her sister-in-law.

I was announced as "the preacher" and then I was told that her veins were rolling, making it hard to draw blood.

"Nurses tell me my blood is hard to draw," said Orlin. "They say I have tough skin."

"Yeah," I said, "nurses tell me that my blood is hard to draw because I don't have a heart."

Orlin (whom I've only met once before) just looked at me and said, "You baptist?"

You have to love it when someone you don't know is willing to bust out the inter-religious insults!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahaahaahahaahaahaahahaahaah,,,,,,,,,I say Amen Orlin.........as I sit in my office at Carson-Newman,,,Baptist institution..:)

This made my day!!

Anonymous said...

That's so unfair - after looking far and wide, I found a Baptist with a heart...so I married her!