Saturday, June 23, 2007

Still Not Ready . . .

Preaching on the divorce/adultery section of the Sermon on the Mount is turning out to be no easy task. Got any funny adultery and divorce stories I can tell in my sermon? Me, either. My sermon is like the waitress in that movie Office Space. It doesn't have enough flare.

I don't write the prayer until after the sermon, so . . . if one gets written this week I'll post it. The week has been a full one. Usually it seems that when the week is particularly busy God gives me an extra measure of grace and the sermon comes easily. Not so as of yet. Maybe I should quit blogging and get back to work????

Just so you don't go away empty handed . . . I saw an unusual accident this week. This wasn't in a high speed area of Johnson City and I have no idea how this car flipped.

How does a car land so neatly on its top in a McDonald's parking lot? I would make some wise cracks about it, but it looked like someone was hurt.
I hope it was a good sign that this docile, white bird was in the middle of the road. A worker at the tool rental place across from McDonald's picked up the bird and carried it to saftey and shade. I don't know if it was stunned in the accident or just amazingly tame.

1 comment:

Herbie Miller said...

Take heart, Aaron, I know you've got mad skills when it comes to sermon writing! I have faith in you!