Thursday, June 28, 2007

Seems Like Old Times

I haven't poured concrete since 1988. Today that changed when Jason, Chris, Nathan, Jason's dad, and I poured a small basketball court at Jason's house. It was the first time I ever poured concrete with two PhDs--in Old Testament no less.
I seem to remember concrete pouring conversations that were entirely different than the ones we had today. At one point Chris and Jason were exploring ways to describe the slab using the Hebrew language (with alliteration). I can't remember exactly what they said. Also, Faye (Jason's wife) began using the trowel on the fresh pour. Her comment was, "Oh, this is just like icing a cake!"

Trust me. You could work for a construction company your whole life and never hear those things while you're pouring concrete.

No comments: