Tuesday, June 12, 2007

They Left the Light On For Us

I'm a day or two behind on the blog, thanks for you patience.

Sunday at Grandview was wonderful. We enjoyed our homecoming. During the first service we had a surprise visit by the Layers as they traveled through town on their way to Lake Junaleska for Scott's ordination (more on that in the next entry).

On Sunday evening the church had an ice cream social to welcome us home. They also arranged for a good old fashioned "pounding" in which I received my share of Oreo Double-stuffed cookies.

Below are pictures taken by Lorna (thanks, Lorna!)

Aunt Robin loves her niece. The girls are back with friends.

Here I am discussing whether or not Billy Donovan is the Gator basketball coach (Lexington born and bred, Chip is UK Wildcat fan)




Here I am with my friend, Tom. He made it up from Asheville. It was good to see him.

Cora isn't sure she wants the attention at this moment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great family reunion - congrats. I noticed Anna seems to have passed Meghan in height? I know the feeling all too well :)

Anonymous said...

Grandview people are the best! :)

Aaron said...

Eric, Meghan is thrilled with your comment. Such a party.

Melissa, would love for you to move back to JC and Do the View again.