Thursday, July 13, 2006

DM818 Spiritual Formation

It's time to meet Dr. Steve Martyn. I know, that was my reaction too when I first heard the name. Nobody in the class, though, has gone for the obvious "arrow through the head" or "The Jerk" jokes. I think we all know that he has heard more than his share of that stuff.

Dr. Martyn is a West Texas boy who now teaches spiritual formation at Asbury. He got his PhD at Dusquene in Pittsburgh. His hobbies include hiking, pottery, and orchids.This is Scott Layer (dark hair) sitting next to Jason McIntosh. They are from the Holston Conference of the Methodist Church, which means we might get to be friends even AFTER this year is over. I'm hoping that's the case.

The rest of the pictures below are just to give you a sense of how class looks. As you can tell, we reach times during the day when we aren't especially perky.



No comments: