Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ropes Course (Last Saturday)

It's time for me to introduce you to Dr. Randy Jessen, the director of the Beeson Pastor program for Asbury. Dr. Jessen arrived in February. We are his first complete class. He spent much of his career in the United Methodist Church in Colorado. We're just getting to know him, but we've already found him to be welcoming and gracious. His wife, Sue, will be involved with the spouse portion of the program. They have (living with them) a daugther, Ana, whom they adopted from an Eastern European country when she was four or five years old. She has HIV and was not expected to live long. She is now in her late teens and a powerful part of their witness to the love of Christ.We went to a ropes course for team building and adventure last Saturday. I love those things. They are like a boyhood dream come true, climbing around in the trees, walking on beams high in the air, zipping down 300 foot zip lines. Aaahhhh! Great fun.
Here is my "leap of faith" from a platform to a hanging bar. We were 3000 feet in the air (okay, closer to 15 or 20, but you can't be sure from this picture).
Here is the lot of us . . . Shaker Town is just over the ridge behind us. This was at the end of a fun day. I know it's early in the program, but we're getting along great. I would name them all for you but I just finished my first paper and it's getting late. I'm going home! Good night.

No comments: