Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

We went with our neighbors to the Wilmore 4th of July parade today. From left to right in the 1st picture is: Hannah, Cora, Anna, and Meghan.
We all lined Main Street and waited for the parade to begin.

Soon the bells and whistles and lights and sirens were impressing the young ones!

I was impresed, though, by the synchronized lawn mowers--all powered by college and seminary professors.
Cora wore my goofy hat (it looks much better on her) while we ate 15 cent hot dogs.
Then we got free rides on the horses!


Cora was in a spelling bee, which was an interesting experience (Cora is in the maroon shirt). The lady leading the spelling bee asked one kid to spell "dirt." Because he is one of the Beeson kids who just moved here from Ohio, he thought she said "dart." She gave it to him. Cora lost on the word "construct." She thought the lady said "stuck." Cora tears followed . . . I predicted a) a win, or b) tears. I'm quite a prophet.

We had a good time. Tonight is a Beeson cookout at the dean Jesson's house. Tomorrow we go back to orientation (we get our new computers!).

I have been reading my books and I'll report on those soon. It may not look like it, but I've been able to squeeze a lot of work in already. Our first class (for which we were given 2000 pages of reading), is suddenly our SECOND class. Before it starts on Wednesday of next week, we have two days of a preaching class on Monday and Tuesday of next week. I have one book I didn't anticipate needing to read before next week (and two less days to read the other books). It's all doable . . . I'll just have to be careful to blog less and read more!

No comments: