Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Trip to the Kentucky Horse Farm

Cindy's mom, Barbara, flew up to see us this past week. Here she is posing for a picture with John Wesley and Anna. We wanted to do something with her that screamed "KENTUCKY!", so . . .
On an overcast, muggy, Saturday we made the trip just north of Lexington to the Kentucky Horse Farm. Nice place! Sometimes I get around people who are gung-ho over something and I wonder what the big deal is . . . but I can see why people are crazy over horses. The Kentucky Horse Farm has some magnificent animals! Most of the pictures below require no commentary. I hope you enjoy them.


Cora really wanted to pet the miniature horses (not ponies!)Cindy's mom is named Barbara, but her grandchildren call her "Bobby." We couldn't resist placing her in front of this horse's stall.

At the end of the day we needed a big rest. If you have time to spend in the Lexington area I would recommend the KHFarm. One word of caution, though. Our visit coincided with a convention of the Breyers. When I saw the big "Breyer Convention" sign I hoped that we would all get free ice cream. As it turns out, though, this is just the brand name for a miniature, model, horse manufacturer.

If you are reading this and happen to be a Breyer collector, let me apologize in advance. . . however, if you are willing to drive from California to Kentucky for a convention of toy collectors, then if you and I happen to talk you'll find that I just smile and nod.

No comments: