Saturday, July 01, 2006

Tennessee and Back

On Friday morning we bid farewell to the Hannah, Megan, and Jackson (cute neighbor kids) and drove down to Johnson City so that Meg could go on the youth mission trip.
We stopped at the Cumberland Gap for a picture for the blog!


Then we went by Ted and Jane-Anne's house to pick up my car. Anna and I then went by the Grandview office to pick up a few things, then we went by the new house. Then we got gas at Food City. Then we got Starbuck's. Then we turned toward Wilmore. Anna and I got to ride together and we had a great time. Anna and I arrived home around 10:30pm. Be advised, if you're coming from Johnson City the trip takes about four and a half to five hours. Once you get to the Lexington exit, you still have about 35 to 40 minutes before you're in Wilmore.

Today (Saturday) I got a surprise visit from Adrian and Jen Fehl. They are on furlough from Ethiopia and staying in Lexington. We'll go to church with them at Southland CC tomorrow. Adrian is looking well, despite having almost died from malaria a couple of months ago. Jen looked well . . . and relieved!
After Adrian and Jen left, Cindy and the girls and I walked into Wilmore, ate at the new Mexican restaurant, then toured campus.
Anna and Cora like Wesley's statue.









By the way, this is the Beeson Building. My classes will be on the second floor and my carrel (from which I now write this blog) is on the bottom floor just to the left of that window you see you on the bottom left.

No comments: