Monday, July 24, 2006

My Birthday Feast Weekend

WARNING: There is nothing about school or theology in this blog entry.Our friends, Jason and Keri, watched the girls while Cindy and I went into Lexington for date night. We walked around a little bit, but the stores were mostly closed. We went into a nice little restaurant downtown (see picture below) where we sat, ate, talked, and watched a rainstorm wreak havoc on those who weren't sitting inside.
We found a fan company on our way back to Wilmore. I really liked the sign. "That'll blog," I thought to myself. High volume, low speed? Hey, that's me!

On Saturday (my actual birthday!) we went on a family adventure, driving all the way to the other side of Nicholasville (about 5 minutes away) to search for Wymers Branch of Hickman Creek. I think we found it, but there were no signs confirming our discovery.It's a pretty little creek. I believe there must be a family connection because when I started taking a few pictures for the blog, some local "fisherman" became antsy (I never pointed the camera/phone at them). I think they were up to no good . . . a sure sign that they have some Wymer connection.

After we had looked at Wymers Branch of Hickman Creek for about as long as a person can do that sort of thing, we went to Olive Garden to use our gift certificate for my birthday supper. When I was out of the restaurant coaching Cora to pull her own tooth, they informed the waiter that it was my birthday. That means that I got to be in the middle of a bunch of waiters singing Happy Birthday. The one candle on the cake simply represents how many more years I have before turning 40.


Then, on Sunday night, I was surprised by a bunch of Beeson-ites who showed up at our door with a birthday cake, brownies, and another song. By now it was July 23rd, which is my neighbor's birthday! So, Aimee and I blew out the candles and enjoyed an impromptu birthday celebration. The picture below is of Alicia with her wonderful brownies.

This is Susanna with a very moist cake that had some sort of Butterfinger topping. Very good!
Jack and Jim enjoy the food. Jack (red shirt) isn't a student, he's the assistant dean of the Beeson and a graduate of one of the first classes of Beeson Pastors. His daughter, Rebekah, is only a year younger than Meghan. We're thrilled that they haven't found a house in Wilmore yet . . . that means they live in the Beeson apartments, just a few doors down.

No comments: